How to Measure T-Shirts
There are 2 factors you need to know when you are looking for t-shirts:
- Body Width: measure 1” below armhole and straight across from side to side.
- Body length: measure in a straight line at point where neck trim meets body to bottom of garment (including any bottom trim).
Other factors you might consider when you are looking for short or long-sleeve t-shirts:
- Armhole: measure in a straight line at point where sleeve joins body at the shoulder to the point where the sleeve meets the body at the underarm.
- Sleeve length: At the top – measure from point where sleeve meets shoulder seam, straight along fold to bottom of sleeve (including any sleeve trim).
- Sleeve length: Center back – measure from center of back where collar joins garment to where the sleeve and shoulder joins, then to the end of sleeve cuff or hem.
- Shoulder to shoulder – measure across the back of the garment along the shoulder seams from the outside edge of one shoulder to the outside of the other.
- Colret width – position ruler end to colret seam at center front and measure across width of colret.
- Cuff width – measure from the point where the cuff is attached to the sleeve to the end of the cuff.
- Bottom band width – measure where bottom band is attached to edge of band.
- Bottom band opening – measure along edge of bottom band.